Monday, July 25, 2005

Weekend Goodbyes

...so this weekend I said goodbye to two good friends. Federico who left PeopleSoft/Oracle after eight years had his leaving drinks on Friday and in true PeopleSoft form everyone was absolutely shit-faced by 9pm. Have a great time travelling SE Asia and good luck back home Fed!

Also leaving our country was good old Stevie, after three weeks of relaxing back home. It's been awesome catching up with him again and a bonus for me 'coz he was able to be here for my 30th birthday. Although New York can have his humour back - it hasn't improved. Want "tibet"?

On a happier note we said hello to Scott who flew in again on one of his United trips. We welcomed him with Sunday dinner which Matt and I SLAVED over (but was a total hit!). We cooked a selection of tapas including:

- Bread with sun-dried tomato tapenade
- Chorizo in apple cider
- Meatballs in spicy tomato sauce
- Ham and cheese croquettes
- Patatas bravas with spicy tomato sauce
- Garlic mushrooms
- Honeyed carrots
- Traditional spanish tortilla

Great. Now I'm hungry.

Song Of The Day: "You Are My Song" - Martin Nievera