Thursday, April 26, 2007

Goodbye #1

...so last Tuesday night (April 24th), Matt and I threw our big bon voyage party. All I can say is - wow. The turnout was amazing with around 130 people from all the phases in our lives showing up.

THANK YOU to everyone who was there or wished they could've been there and a special thank you if you bought one of us a drink! Everyone made the night very, very special and we appreciate it more than you can imagine.

I didn't take too many pictures of the night 'coz I was caught up in the drinking, dancing and laughter but here are a couple that managed to make it's way on my camera.

DJ Wagyu behind the mixing deck

Some of my high school girls on the dance floor

The packing for the big move has already started with about 35% completed. I started tearing packing our fridge magnets (for crying out loud!). I figure I'm pretty much gonna find a reason to cry every day up until we leave so I'll just used to it now. At this moment I'm pretty much equal parts excited (New York! WOOT!) and deflated (How can I leave behind such awesome family and friends...AND the amazing city of Sydney?).

Still to come...Goodbyes #2 - #10.

Song of the Day: "Escapade" - Janet Jackson