Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Thanks!

...so I was thinking this morning that this year I'm going to make an effort to be nicer to the people who are nice to me. This includes, but is not limited to:

- the 443 bus drivers who have, in the past, let me ride for free 'coz it was raining or 'coz it was christmas
- the girls who work in the coffee cart who know my order and start making my coffee as soon as they see me walking towards them
- the cute british guy who gets on the bus at my stop for making the bus stop prettier (Hi Matt! I love you!)
- come to think of it, all cute guys in general for making the world prettier (Hi Matt! You're Number One!)
- all sales assistants who are not bitter about working in retail. Yes, I know your job bites around the holidays 'coz you're being bombarded but that's no reason to tell me to go to the other line AND THEN SERVE SOMEONE ELSE BEFORE ME.

This segues well into my second thought for the day - I'm going to make an effort to be an asshole to the people who are assholes to me. This is nothing new.

Oh! Thanks to my homegirl Elsie who took these pics from the (final! *single tear*) PeopleSoft Christmas party a few weeks ago.

Song of the Day: "Hands Down" - Dashboard Confessional