Friday, December 09, 2005

L.A. Story

...so I've been in LA for 5 days now and it's been kinda surreal. A few observations I've made:

- If the US needs to question their obesity rates, all they need to do is take a look at the portion-sizes. I haven't been able to finish a meal yet...even if my meal is an appetiser!
- Everyone is calorie-obsessed. Either they're eating them by the truckload, or burning them by the truckload.
- Having said that, the gym I joined (24 Hour Fitness @ Sherman Oaks) is a freakshow. I've never seen so much silicone and plastic surgery jiggling on treadmills before. DD cups just look wrong on a woman who's 4'10" with a waist the size of a frisbee.
- Chuck Norris is pretty short. He goes to my gym, as does Mekhi Phifer. They're very blase about their celebrities here.
- Within a 1 mile radius of my office there's a MacDonalds, Burger King, IHOP (International House of Pancakes), Islands Burgers and Chinese place. I'm kinda stuck when it comes to healthy breakfast choices.
- Don't have the breakfast burrito from MacDonalds. It shall be known from this point forth as "Vomit Wrap".
- You're screwed if you don't have a car here. Yes yes I should know that already having been here about 100 times.
- I miss Matt.
- I cannot wait to get to San Francisco and New York (aka cities-with-decent-public-transport-options).

On another note, I feel a movie watching weekend coming up. The Chronicles of Narnia, Brokeback Mountain and Memoirs of a Geisha all open this weekend. Woot!

Song Of The Day: "Wish You Well" - Bernard Fanning. One of the best feel-good break-up songs ever.