Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Things I've Learnt

...so it's been a crazy month at work and it's gotten me to thinking about a whole bunch of stuff. Here are some of my thoughts on things I've learnt in the past year:

- Going to the gym works. It really does.
- If you don't water your chilli plant, it dies.
- You get an appreciation of life when you hear your nephew/niece laugh.
- The QANTAS Sky Bed in Business Class rocks.
- Ben Stiller is the funniest mofo on earth.
- Never burn your bridges at work. Any one of my former work friends could be the one that hires me one day.
- Stretch before you run.
- Remember to bring a towel to the gym. I once saw a guy dry himself with toilet paper and it wasn't a pleasant sight.
- When there are no expectations on a night out, you always have the best time.
- I need to be at least a little buzzed to sing karaoke.
- I love New York.
- Seeing a normally quiet friend dance like an idiot is a sight to behold.
- You can have the worst day at work but it can all be solved by a hug by the one you love.
- Turning 30 ISN'T getting old.
- The name 'Raymond' means bodyguard. The security guard at Oracle (of all people) told me that.

Song Of The Day: "Because Of You" - Kelly Clarkson