Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Gud Engrish

...so I was recently (yesterday!) informed that my spelling was wildly incorrect on my last posting with the use of the word "commonality". I was asked whether I meant "equilibrium" or "duality". My answer was "NO I MEANT COMMONALITY. GET YOUR OWN BLOG!". ...not that I'm defensive or anything. :) (Do you like my disarming smiley?)

Having said that though, one of my biggest pet peeves is crappy spelling and/or grammar. I detest the use of "wiv" or "frendz" or in one case "fwrendz" *cringe*. Don't even get me started on the their/they're/there shit fight. That's up there (their? they're?) with the your/you're dilemma.

The funniest, unintentional typo I've ever encountered was an email that was sent by a client who had requested the "Headcunt Report". HAHAHA I just laughed out loud typing that out. *continued muffled giggles* ...headcunt... hahaha crazy.

OH! By the way...the person who pointed out my foibles with the English language is also the same person who borrowed my apartment for the weekend and left a "floater" as a present. 'Nuff said! :D

Song of the Day: "I Take You With Me" - Melissa Etheridge