Saturday, January 07, 2006

Happy New Year!

...so Matt and I are now back home after a month of travelling the good old US of A and we just wanna say thanks to everyone who hung out with us, bought us a drink, shared a cigarette, went clubbing and ate meals with us.

Hopefully I'll blog more regularly in 2006 but I've just been too damned busy and/or drunk in the past few weeks to post anything. To give you a quick update though...

- Totally abused Mark's GAP discount in San Francisco. Thanks Mooks!
- Started tearing in the cereal aisle of Safeway when I got a text message from Rhandy telling me that he and Maria are engaged. Congratulations guys! Woot!
- Had an awesome new years in New York surrounded by new friends, old friends and Grey Goose. What more can one ask for? AND the best part of it is, just when you thought there couldn't be any more incriminating drunk photos of Steve...he created a whole new category!
- Actually, we had a blast in New York the entire week. I was happy that we got to see snow for an hour on new years eve. I was also happy that I managed to go the entire trip without throwing up once. Steve on the other hand...
- Getting licked on the face by some random guy at "Gym" (gay sports bar in Chelsea) was not a highlight.
- Got hit by jet lag on the way back which is weird because I almost NEVER get jet lag. It knocked me out for a full day and now I'm sick. My body is telling me to stay on vacation.
- Cooked dinner for our friends last night (Maz, Rhands, Jill, Eric, Ed, Shaz, Iven, Jane, Phong and Lisa) which was great 'coz no one has seen each other since early December. Matt cooked spaghetti bolognaise and four bean salad and I cooked cupcakes from the Magnolia Bakery cookbook (AKA Instant-Sugar-Rush-Cupcakes)

Matt and I are on the hunt for a new dining set today 'coz we eBayed our old one a month ago and everyone has to eat on their lap. I'm leaning towards a cherry solid timber table with antique eating benches. I think the novelty of having eating benches will wear off pretty quick though. Matt's leaning towards regular dining chairs. We'll see who wins. :)

Song of the Day: "We Be Burnin" - Sean Paul