Friday, February 02, 2007

Things I Miss

...so we're having a great time in South East Asia, but there are some things I miss about home. Here are some (in order!):

- Drinking wine. NO ONE drinks wine here, probably because it's so expensive. You can get a local beer for $1 or get a bottle of wine for $40. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to calculate the cost-to-drunkeness ratio.
- Driving. Sometimes you just don't want to walk the 2 kilometres from the gym to the mall. In thirty + degree heat. After you've just worked out.
- White people. Hey, I grew up in Sydney! It's funny 'coz a white guy who wouldn't even turn my head in Sydney (let's say...a 5 out of 10) gets elevated to a 7 here in Asia because he's "exotic".

Oh, and one more thing... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW RONALD BROADFOOT! We're going out to see the Petronas towers today for his last day as a 31 year old *single tear*. Matt, you only get better with age. I love you.

Song of the Day: "Fake Your Way To The Top" - Dreamgirls soundtrack (I'm totally hooked)