Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy 40th Anniversary!


...so today marks 40 (!) years of wedded bliss for my mum and dad. For their anniversary, my brother, my sisters and I all put in to get them airfare for the Philippines in January 2008 so they can attend their 50th (!) high school reunions back home.

Tonight (well technically last night in Australia-time) my family back in Australia had dinner in Sydney. I also sent them a fruit basket, for my family to enjoy after dinner. It breaks my heart that I couldn't attend, but I guess that's a feeling I'm gonna have to get used to over the next few years.

To Tatay and Nanay,

For all of the love, support and warmth you've brought to my life over the years...
For teaching myself and my siblings your values and beliefs...
For sacrificing so much to give your family a better life in Australia...
For knowing when to trust me, and knowing when to let go...
For loving Matt for the simple reason that he makes me so happy...
For accepting me for who I am...

I thank you. I'm the product of the two most beautiful people on earth and I hope you're proud of who Ate, Kuya, Julie Anne and I are. I love you both.

Song of the Day: "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby. Every Christmas you could guarantee that my Mum and Dad will play this song on Christmas morning and hum along. Nevermind the fact that it was 100 degrees in Sydney.