Friday, February 24, 2006

Happy Anniversary Matty

...so tomorrow is mine and Matt's three year anniversary. THREE YEARS! That's like...21 years in straight relationship years. Before Matt my longest "relationship" (yes I use quotation marks because - ask me in person...it's a long story) was around 3 months.

For those of you who don't know, Matt and I met on the internet. At first I was all weirded out by this and told everyone that we met in Ikea, shopping in the lamp section. After talking to some of my gay friends, however, it seems like meeting on the internet is almost commonplace. I still think the Ikea story is more interesting though.

In the three years we've been together I've learnt that:

- Birthdays are important. Make an effort.
- Sometimes giving up your wardrobe space (*shudder*) isn't such a bad thing when you're sharing it with someone you love.
- I like the left side of the bed (when you're in the bed...not when you're facing the bed).
- Coming out is SO much easier when there's someone worth coming out for to catch you should you stumble.
- Matt thinks that it's more difficult to throw stuff in the garbage bin if you're taller 'coz the garbage could "float and land outside of the bin" if dropped from a greater height. Don't get me started.

Other interesting Matt and Ray trivia:

- Ray has gained and subsequently lost around 11kgs (24.2 pounds) in those three years.
- Matt has lost around 22 pounds.
- Cities we have visited together are: Melbourne, Brisbane, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, London, Barcelona, Madrid, Mykonos, Santorini and Athens.
- We moved in together September 2004.
- Matt takes his coffee black. Ray has a skim latte.
- I want a dog but Matt will only agree if we get a dog walker and a care taker.

Here's how we looked at the very beginning in (March) 2003...


And how we look now (January 06)...


To my man,

I love you and look forward to the next 30 years together. I promise to always bring you pastries when you are hungry.

Love always,
me.

Song of the Day: "Beautiful in my Eyes" - Joshua Kadison (thought I'd borrow Riz and Mary Anne's wedding song for today...thanks guys!)