Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Yay!

...so Matt arrives tomorrow into the US. YAY!

I've been having a whirlwind of a time in New York the past couple of weeks. Prinz, Charito, Charles and Michelle have been in town on vacation and we've pretty much been going out every night (and drinking. lots). I just came back from dinner and drinks @ The Sunburnt Cow and nothing beats an Aussie restaurant in the middle of the East Village where all the food and drinks are $5 on a Monday...AND we're friends with the bartenders and waitresses so we get free drinks and free food. Total bill for 7 people: $66. Woot!

We've also celebrated Steve's birthday (with dinner and drinks @ The Sunburnt Cow last Saturday) and Girlie's birthday (with a surprise lunch @ Steve's apartment).

I start my project tomorrow. I'm a little bit nervous, but mostly totally excited. I'm gonna be working across the road from Columbus Circle in the middle of Manhattan. I have a choice between the following two apartments:

Choice #1: 777 Sixth Ave in Chelsea - Plus: Great area, close to lots of trendy restaurants and bars, walking distance from all the gay bars/clubs. Minus: 30 minute commute to work

-or-

Choice #2: Trump Place - Plus: Great area, river views, bigger apartment, 15 minute walk to work. Minus: Not close to the gay bars/clubs.

Thoughts?

I know what I'm thinking...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU MATTHEW!!!

Song of the Day: "It's All Good" - Fantasia