Monday, March 27, 2006

Expensive Taste


...so I bought a $449 pair of jeans yesterday. OK so they WERE $449 before they were marked down to $269. Normally I would baulk at spending that much money on a pair of jeans, but I really REALLY wanted a pair of 7-for-all-mankind jeans. Besides, they make my ass look great! So much so that a random woman near the change room said "it looks good from behind" when I walked out to show Matt. Thinking about some of my more expensive purchases, here's a list (from what I can remember):

Most Expensive (all amounts in Aussie dollars)...
Shoes: $220 Nikes. I've never spent a lot of money on shoes. Now I have to, though, to match my new jeans!
Sunglasses: $400 Emporio Armanis. Which I subsequently left in a locker at the gym.
Piece of Furniture: $2200 on my bed frame and mattress. You spend 1/3 of your life in there - it PAYS to be comfortable.
Jacket: $400 Ralph Lauren down jacket. I wanted it so bad I bought it in the only size they had left (Extra Large). Now Matt wears it.
Jewelry: $360 Tiffany necklace. I don't wear it anymore 'coz I got a new one from Matt for my birthday last year. Matt wears it 'coz he lost the one I bought him for his birthday two years ago.
Dinner: $200. This would be a toss-up between Nobu in New York for Googz's birthday or Rockpool in Sydney.
Night out drinking: $200-ish. Just last year when Steve and I split the bill @ Gym in New York. And that was after we got several free drink rounds after flirting with the bartender.
Impulse Purchase: $35 000. I bought my Jeep Wrangler back in 1997. The same day I test-drove it, I took it home.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Any other categories I haven't covered?

On another note, one of my male friends who claims they're straight got a pedicure last week. No prizes for guessing who. The same guy bought a mint green pashmina in Chinatown. :)

Song of the Day: "You Don't Know Me" - Michael Buble. So much better than Harry Connick Jr don't you think?