Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I (Will Always) Still Call Australia Home

...so just like every other Australian in the world right now, I'm being swept up in the World Cup frenzy. I love how Aussies will support any Australian team, in any sport, with a ridiculous fervor (usually fuelled by alcohol). This got me to thinking how much I would miss Australia were Matt and I to move overseas. Things I would miss (apart from the obvious family and friends) include:

- Cottonelle toilet paper with the little doggies on it. Call me crazy ("Crazy!") but wiping my ass with ridged toilet paper with pictures of little doggies on it makes me smile.
- 24 Hour Doner Kebab places. OK so they have these in London also, but they don't have them in the US. You guys have White Castle though. White Castle vs Doner Kebab...ooooh that's a toughie.
- Roundabouts. I hate 4-way stop signs with a passion.
- The Beaches in Sydney. No other big city in the world (and no, Honolulu is NOT a big city) have beaches so close to the city that you can swim in. The swimming part rules out Los Angeles.

I could go on but then I'd have to go into a lot of specifics. If we moved to the US though, there's a ton of things to look forward to. There's White Castle, happy hour drinks @ The Cantina (LA) and The Cafe (SF), Bounce dryer sheets, Magnolia cupcakes, Cable TV, Weekend trips to Las Vegas, obesity, Karaoke @ Chelsea Grill (NY)...but will all of that trump Cottonelle toilet paper with the little doggies on it? THAT, my friends, is the question.

Song of the Day: "Around The World" - Aqua. It's on my Workout playlist. Give me a break!