Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Ebb, Therefore I Am

...so I've been at a really low ebb for the past month. Before I commence my tirade, don't you just love the word 'ebb'?

Ebb(n): 1. The reflux of the tide toward the sea. 2. A point or condition of decline.

Anyways, before I rudely interrupted myself...so about this ebb. (HA! What a great word - I'm loving that this post has used the word 'ebb' six times now! Before you count, I included the title punkasses). I'm very, very wary that I'm about to come off as whiney and self-involved but hey - it's my blog and I'll whine if I want to.

Matt and I should actually be in London right about now. We should've been in New York two weeks ago, Lisbon last week and Paris this weekend. We were going to surprise everyone on the east coast (and be there for Riss' bday - surprise!) and surprise Matt's family in London whom we haven't seen since the beginning of the year. EVERYTHING was booked - including the Hilton in Paris and a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower.

Until it was cancelled. The night before we were to fly out. I won't go into the 'why' because...well, people have been fired for less. Since that night though (July 19) I've been angry and bitter and it's compounding like how fluff collects in the dryer if you don't clean it out. And poor Matt has had to put up with it. Even the girl at KFC had to put up with it when I got angry that she got our order wrong THREE TIMES (It's CHICKEN for crying out loud - not hazardous chemicals).

I guess this post doesn't really have a point. I had hoped that blogging would be cathartic, but I don't feel better. Steve has said that I should count my blessings. I say, it's OK to wallow in self-pity for a while isn't it? "If we were happy every day of our lives we'd be game show hosts".

On the upside though, I won my first Texas Hold Em poker tournament on Monday @ Newtown RSL beating almost 60 other people (including a Vin Diesel look-a-like in heads up play). See? I can still see the silver lining :P

Song of the Day: "Just Like A Pill" - Pink