Monday, September 11, 2006

I heart NY

...so I know I can't claim that I've lived in New York (yet), but I feel a certain affinity to the city. Maybe it's 'coz I've been there 5 times in the past year. Maybe it's 'coz one of my best friends lives there now. Maybe it's 'coz the last few times I went there I felt so at home. Whatever it may be...on the 5th anniversary of 9/11 my heart goes out to everyone whose lives were affected that day.

I'm sure everyone has their "I remember where I was when it happened" story. I was living in Melbourne at the time and just got back from playing tennis when I turned on the TV and the first tower had been hit. I watched the second tower get hit live which was extremely surreal.

God bless you New York. I hope we're worthy enough to live in your confines one day. Soon.

p.s. The photo on this post was taken the last time I saw the Twin Towers - January 4th, 2001.